Here’s an innovative marketing idea for Valentine’s Day… Might not make you any immediate money, but it will endear you to some of your clients.
- Identify as many singles as possible on your client list. Let’s not forget widows, widowers, single parents, etc.
- Buy a box (or several boxes of Valentine’s cards), enough for everyone on your list.
- Send each person on the list a valentine’s card with a simple, handwritten “Just wanted you to know we’re thinking of you…” message. Make it nice, upbeat, and positive.
- Mail out the cards as early as possible.
- To make this plan really work, call everyone to whom you sent a card on Valentine’s Day. Don’t discuss business, just give them a cheery “Happy Valentine’s Day” and ask how his/her day is going so far… Then just listen. You’ll be surprised at the response, I guarantee.
Pretty simple and inexpensive, right? I figure a box of decent cards will be about $2 per card, with an envelope, plus a $.44 stamp. If you send twenty cards, your mini-campaign will cost you under $50.
Why should you do this? Because many, many of your clients will spend Valentine’s Day alone, and won’t receive any cards.
If you care enough about them to send a non-commercial card, there’s a pretty good chance that they’ll remember you the next time they need whatever you provide. This is just a simple way to connect with them when they might really appreciate a friendly gesture.
I challenge you to try this tactic during the next week – NO EXCUSES! You might be surprised at the impact it has on business, not to mention your own frame of mind.
Please Share this Content: